Monday, September 7, 2009

Beach

Today was a lazy day. Caroline and I woke up around 1 pm and our friends Mike and Nate wanted us to go with the beach with them. We met them at the metro station and then met up with more people once we got to the beach. It was very nice and relaxing, except that the beach was crowded, tourist-y, and a little dirty. A lot of vendors walk up and down the beaches selling water, soda, beer, massages, and food. I was talking with my friend Mike and all of a sudden we saw all the vendors take off running towards the water and ducking down. We looked behind us and we saw the police driving by. About a minute later we saw them peek their heads up and when they were in the clear, they began walking around again yelling, "Cerveza! Agua! Coca-Cola!"

After a few hours, Caroline and I walked home and got cleaned up and we met up with two friends, Kirtha and Kyra, at a local bar for karaoke. And we actually sang! The girls kept pestering me to go up there with them so I finally gave in. We all sang a Spice Girls song. (Lame, I know! I don't care though, I still love the Spice Girls!) It was a lot of fun to watch other people sing, some where really good, and others were horrible, which of course was hilarious. But it was all in good fun! We'll definitely be going back next week for karaoke again.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a blast, AM! Can't wait to see picts! Love you! XOXO

    Tara

    ReplyDelete