Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2nd

Today, Caroline and I explored the city more. It was really nice, we walked more "downtown" Barcelona and saw where all the designer shops are. We stopped in H&M so she could buy a pair of sunglasses (and may I say, it is a lot better than the one we have back home!).
After walking around for a few hours, we stopped at a small cafe and had cappuccinos and we split a sandwich. It's really fun to people watch here. I've noticed a lot of the men carry "man-bags" or "satchels" and also, people who are dating are very much into PDA! We saw a few couples making out on some of the benches!
We sat there for awhile and then came back home and had dinner with our host mom. We talked about religion, our families, and some of the history of Spain. She is really helping us with our Spanish, she is very patient and likes us to figure out words on our own.
After dinner, Caroline and I walked about a block and a half away to an Irish Pub and had a drink (we don't know where all the "cool" bars are yet!). We both had Heineken on tap... and it was amazing! It was so good that it upsets me that we are unable to have it on tap in the U.S.!
Tomorrow we start our orientation and I am eager to meet the other students in our group. Caroline and I want to try to make it to the beach tomorrow afternoon sometime. I hope you are all doing well, and I'll try to post some pictures soon!
Buenas Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment