Thursday, September 17, 2009

La Boqueria



Today, my friend Calli and I went to the famous food market called "La Boqueria". I've walked passed it many times, but today we actually decided to go in, walk around, and see all the fresh food (after having a cafe con leche and a chocolate pastry this morning of course!).

It was amazing, but a few of the meat sections were a little much to see. They had meat that they basically butchered right in front of you, so seeing sheep's head, tongues, brains, and pig parts were a little more than I was used to!

Other than that, fresh fruit, cheeses, homemade candies, and nuts were other things in La Boquiera. They also had fresh juice everywhere! You can buy a decent size cup for only a euro, so Calli and I decided to try one. It was probably one of the best things I've ever drank. I had
zumo de piño y coco (pineapple and coconut juice) which was heavan in a glass! I would love to go there every morning before class and have fresh fruit and cheese. I'll have to get myself out of bed early one morning and walk down there... a perfect way to start the day!

1 comment:

  1. that market is so awesome haha.. did you try to fruit juices?

    ReplyDelete