Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1st, Barcelona

Hello all!
I have finally made it to my host parent's house! But getting here was not fun, from my hotel I had to go to the IES Study Abroad Center and my taxi driver dropped me off at the wrong place. I asked for directions and luckily where I needed to be was only two and a half blocks away, however carrying my two big suitcases were no fun. My roommate, Caroline, is very nice, and so is my host family. They have two young children, Lilian and Niel. After Caroline and I unpacked and got settled in a bit, we played "Uno" with the kids. Afterwards, we walked around the city and visited just a few of the shops. Orientation doesn't start until Wednesday, so tomorrow I'll explore the city more and try to get a cell phone.

I miss you all very much and I hope everything is going well back home!

3 comments:

  1. AM - Glad you made and it sounds like you already had an adventure. We miss you and look forward to seeing you in Nov. ENJOY!!!!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you host family's not Spanish? And you have a room mate? Where is she from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. get some pics up I'm sure everyone wants to see what you are seeing!!

    ReplyDelete