Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cafe con leche= coffee with milk

Pretty self explanatory!

One of my new favorite things to do: Cafe + friends + cafe con leche + chocolate croissant = good times! Not saying that I haven't done that a million times before back home, but here it's different. Two of my friends and I went to a little corner cafe after class this morning and sat there for awhile. It was wonderful. We were there for at least 2 hours
just talking and relaxing. At home, you go to a cafe/bar (which we really don't have many cafes- Starbucks and Caribou don't count!) and order a coffee. About 30 seconds later, the waiter brings you the check! It's so rushed.

Here, I'm still getting used to the fact of actually sitting down and taking my time. Sometimes I feel Iike after I am finished with my coffee it's time to leave. Not here though! It was nice sitting down and enjoying our
cafes and just talking long after we were finished with our drinks. We actually had to ask for our check! It would have been the perfect afternoon if my friend didn't lose her necklace. It was a gift from her grandmother. We found the chain, but not he pendant. I felt horrible for her. But that's why I didn't bring anything of real sentimental value with me.

Other news: I might be going to Milan in the middle of October! Some friends and I have it all planned out, but we just haven't booked it yet (so hopefully it doesn't fall through!). I've done some research online and I am going to try and find the relatives in Cuggiono. I found a great website. For anyone who is interested, the link is:

http://www.cuggionogenealogy.net/

I am also going to try to make it up to Wales, which will be more difficult. It'll be harder to get there (inexpensively at least!). But I am doing everything in my power to make it happen. Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment