Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hace calor!= It's hot!

Wow, I can't believe how hot it is! It is very humid here and my hair is super curly! I really don't think I'll be able to straighten it until November! (Not that anyone cares...).
Anyway! I just spent my first night at my host family's house and I hate to say it, but I did not get much sleep. There really isn't air conditioning or a fan in my room, but we do have a small balcony.
Caroline and I were debating whether we should keep the doors to the balcony open to get a breeze flowing through the room, or keep them closed because we live in a condo on the third floor in downtown (I don't know if we are "technically" in downtown) Barcelona because it is so noisy outside! Well we kept the doors open and I kept having cycles of sleeping for an hour, then being awake for an hour, sleeping for an hour, etc. All night I could hear the buses, cars, and noisy people coming home from the bars outside! I learned that the buses keep running all night long, which is good to have I guess. Well, Caroline and I are going to venture out again and try to get cell phones! I miss you all and the cooler weather!

1 comment:

  1. Well, just for you, I think we can pull some strings and have the temperature in the teens here when you come back.

    ReplyDelete